5 Jobs for Wine Lovers
Have you ever sipped a glass of wine and thought to yourself, “Why can’t I get paid to do this all day?” Believe it or not, there are plenty of jobs in the industry that are perfect for wine lovers like you! Take a look at these five different careers that can turn your passion for wine into a household income.
- Tasting Room Pourer – while most people associate wineries and vineyards with areas like Napa Valley, there are plenty of tasting rooms throughout the U.S. (and around the world) that are outside the California wine regions. Pouring at a tasting room is a great way to learn about the winemaking process, meet new people, and surround yourself with bottles you love. The discounts you’ll receive on wine are a nice perk too!
- Sommelier – if you love wine and want to gain a deeper understanding of how it is made, the history of each region, and how to differentiate one varietal from the next, take the sommelier exam! While a level 1 sommelier may not have all the credentials for a lucrative job, you can continue to level up and start applying for jobs at restaurants, hotels, and more as their resident sommelier.
- Wine Retail Sales Clerk – if there’s a local wine shop in town that you love to frequent, stop by and see if they are hiring for part-time or full-time positions! Quite often, retail stores need assistance during the holiday season and it could be a great way to get your feet wet and learn more about the sales side of the wine industry.
- Wine Blogger – these days anyone can become a blogger or influencer in a field they are passionate about as long as they are willing to put in the time and effort to make it successful. If you love wine and think you have a knack for writing, consider starting a blog where you review your favorite bottles, and build up content that you can share on social media. It may take a bit for your blog to take off, but it doesn’t hurt to start a side hustle with blogging and see where it goes!
- Cause Entrepreneur – if you’re the friend who always says “have you tried this bottle of wine? It’s amazing!” and find yourself constantly making recommendations for others, becoming a Cause Entrepreneur is a great job for you! Be your own boss, make your own schedule, and share our wine from anywhere. You can host a wine tasting with your friends and family, share your personal shop URL online, and earn commission on customer orders. It’s never been easier to start a side hustle on your own time, or turn it into a full-time career that you love. Fill out the form on our Join page to learn more, and see first-hand what it’s like to be a Cause Entrepreneur from others in the community on our blog.
The ONEHOPE Wine Team